Ummmm... What does it do?

Oct 28, 2007 at 3:14 PM
I love the idea of a VS add-in to support Umbraco development/customization, and I installed it the moment I found it. And now I'm clueless as to what it does. Could someone add a quick how-to for usage?

Thanks!

James
Feb 14, 2008 at 1:39 PM
What he said...
Dec 16, 2008 at 3:24 AM
I just downloaded it and had the same thoughts, so I checked out the code (Connect.vb) for clues.

It adds a toolbar to Visual Studio.  You will need to first need to open a Project, (new blank project seems to work) and the Project Options will be enabled.  There you can connect with URL, User Name, Password etc and choose the Download Items button to select the files you want to work on.

That's where the trail went cold for me, the Available Items screen has no files listed.  Not quite sure where to go next.

btw, it only worked on VS2005 not VS2008 on my PC (Vista SP1 x64)

HTH
J
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 6:16 AM
It was never really completed, currently i dont work with umbraco much, so this project has been on standby.

Yes, it was developed for visual studio 2005, where it added some options etc. In my tests, it worked pretty well :-)

You are free to create a new project based on mine, or even continue on this if you wish.